We currently have 20 classrooms and specialist classes in Physical Education, Visual Arts and STEM. All classrooms have interactive devices which link students to global learning resources. These resources are supported by banks of laptops and Ipads accross the learning spaces.
Our purpose is to inspire children to achieve their full potential by developing:
- A culture of learning based on positive relationships between students, staff, parents and the wider community.
- Academic and social competencies based on our key values of respect, care, honesty, inclusion and commitment.
- Responsibility for being self motivated lifelong learners.
- A challenging curriculum appropriate to the needs of all students.
- A caring, stimulating and happy learning environment, which fosters high standards of achievement and behaviour.
- High expectations for all students to achieve their personal best socially, academically, physically and emotionally.
Our philosophy of student learning is based on the following six principles:
- Teachers are accountable for students' learning and achievement
- Learning is teacher directed
- Teaching is explicit
- Learning is developmental and sequential
- Students are increasingly responsible for the application of their learning
- Students need to regularly reflect on their own learning.